miércoles, 14 de agosto de 2019

Beach

At least is not that cold.

Almost every year my family goes on vacation to Arica,wich is in the north and is the limit city between Perú and Chile.

The weather there is fantastic, stable because the sea is so near of the house of my aunt were we stay most of the time. In Arica you can visit the Chinchorro mummies, the beaches, the "Morro" and.. maybe just that, but Tacna -nearest peruvian city- got cheap things and we all going on shopping there.

Arica got many beaches. The difference between them is the amount of jellyfish, the color and shape of the sand, and if the water is cold or "not that cold".


In Chile there is NOT warm or at least decently normal temperature water in beaches. Last year I went to Colombia, and Cuba in this last summer vacations and I know what I say when I accuse my country for being like a freezer in all its coast.

But, back to the point, my favorite beach in Arica is called "Chinchorro". Since I remember, I always go on summer to swim, take sunbaths while reading books like "Pride and Prejudice"-my new tradition that I addopted two years ago-, and make sandcastles.. 
yet.

Maybe is because of the distance from my aunt´s home and is one of the least cold beaches in the region, it also got less jellyfish than the others, and the sand is too thin and soft. Well, I like/love that beach for all those reasons and more!



Yup, still the best.




2 comentarios:

  1. We went to Brazil last summer and I finally believed that myth about warm water in the ocean. Nothing was the same after that.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It always happens to me that it is a torture to enter the cold water, I acclimatize myself, and then you have to leave and it is even more horrible

    ResponderEliminar