miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2019

Basketball boy

When I was a girl, like 7 or 8 years old, I was in love with a boy of my grade. He used to practice basketball in the break time and by the end of the class day too.

I wanted to get close to him, so my mom told me that I could join him to play basketball in the break time. I wasn´t that good in sports, less in something with a big, heavy and fast ball that could hit you anytime. But the next day I was there, with him, trying to understand the rules of the game, and making conversation to be friends.

When I was starting to lose his attention, I quickly asked him about how to throw the ball to the basket, which is the fun part of the basketball sport I think.

Of course I got his attention back and not only that, for teach me, he put behind me and took my hands against the ball.

That was so romantic.

If I got to be honest, I didn´t think about the pressure of being teached and fail in that moment, which was something almost sure to happen. When he told me to jump, we jumped together and I threw the ball through the air.

Halfway to throw the ball I realized that I was living a Disney moment that could get ruined so easily. It would be a shame if he doesn´t wan´t to teach me anymore if I´m very bad at sports.

I started to think what I could do to make him stay, thinking about the plan "B", I got anxious.

But It was not necessary.

The ball directly passed through the basket. It was totally unexpected, I was surprised and he was happy, he inmediatly told me that I had skills for basketball and if I wanted to train with him.

I´m not a risky person, I knew it was just luck in the right time, and I´m very grateful about that, it will stay in my memory for a long time.

After that day we got closer, but as friends.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario